A space for all translated works submitted to Augur Magazine or Tales & Feathers Magazine.
Please click on a submission type to begin a new submission.
Translated Works for Augur Magazine and Tales & Feathers Magazine
Thank you for submitting a translated work to Augur and Tales & Feathers! We're looking forward to reading your work. Before you hit send, though, here are a few things to keep in mind for translated submissions:
We welcome submissions of speculative works translated from any language into English.
Please provide the following information when you submit translations:
- A short cover letter introducing your background as a translator, your relationship with the source language and the translated work, and any literary, cultural, and other context that you think may be helpful. Indicate whether the submission is for Augur, Tales & Feathers, or both.
- A short bio of the author in English, including information on their publication history in both the original language and in translation.
- A letter from the rights holder (generally the author or the publisher) confirming that the translator has received permission to translate, and that the work’s English translation rights are available. Please email a PDF of this letter to email@example.com for Augur Magazine submissions, or firstname.lastname@example.org for Tales & Feathers submissions.
- Translated poetry should include the original poem alongside the translation.
All submissions must still follow the applicable Augur or Tales & Feathers guidelines. We recommend you view them on our website, but a summary is included below.
- Submit in standard manuscript format
- Do not include your name anywhere in the document for anonymous reading
- Place content warnings under the title of your manuscript
- Your cover letter should include: recent publishing history (if any), relationship (if any) to Canada/Turtle Island (citizen/settler, international student, resident, ex-patriot, visitor, story content, etc.), intersectional identity (only if comfortable disclosing), and whether your submission is simultaneous
- Tales & Feathers accepts no more than three (3) pieces of short fiction of up to 2,500 words each
- Augur accepts no more than two (2) pieces of short fiction of up to 5,000 words each
- Augur accepts up to 5 poems, not exceeding 10 pages total
- Please send a note to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if your piece is accepted elsewhere, and withdraw the piece on Moksha!
Augur pays $0.11 cents (CAD) per word for short fiction (1000+ words), and a flat fee of $110.00 per flash fiction piece (Under 1000 words). Augur pays $60.00 CAD per poem. Tales & Feathers pays $0.11/word CAD.
Closes to Submissions on Friday, May 31, 2024 4:00 AM (UTC)